Tuesday 7 July 2015

Don't let emotions get in the way of investment decisions













I've never heard a successful investment story began with,"I've earned 100K investing with my gut instead of my head."
Emotional investment can deliver you big returns, but it can also completely wipe out your entire portfolio.
I've made these mistakes myself, I thought I had a great strategy, won a few trades, but then lost big because I didn't use a stop loss.
At that point I withdrew myself out of the market, and started thinking what would help me to build my portfolio on a more stable way then the emotional roller coaster I was in.
The only thing that always beats emotions is rational thinking, but to achieve this I had to shut down every emotion.


The biggest trap is emotional investing, where the short-term emotions of a market surge or collapse causes you to do something contrary to your long-term investment strategy. In short, what might appear to be great or cautious investment, behaviour might actually be irrational euphoria (greed) or even fear.

Actually, the best investors have a well-thought-out, disciplined investment process and only succeed when sticking to, and making decisions based on, their process.

After searching a while I finally found the software that would be an ideal fit to me,
At the moment I consider this software as my investment manager, that allows me to be on a market with a higher potential for profits and something that makes me rational instead of emotional!

Cheers,
Jesse





2 comments:

  1. How long have you been using the system? When did you start using it? Thanks for sharing.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello David,

    Sorry for the late reply.
    I'm using the software since 12 February this year.
    So I'm using it for 5 months now.

    Cheers,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete